Three opportunities to be involved in this partnership; a multi-institutional team of social scientists contributing to the Reef Restoration and Adaptation Program (RRAP), Community Engagement Subprogram
- Work life balance with flexible working hours on offer
- Join the world’s largest research program dedicated to helping a major ecosystem survive climate change
- Collaborate with world leading scientists
We offer three exciting opportunities to join our world-leading institution at James Cook University (JCU)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Social Dimensions (FT) (VRN 17241)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Economics (PT) (VRN 17242)
- Research Worker (PT) (VRN 17243)
These positions are offered as one full time and two part time, fixed term contracts for 2 years from commencement based at JCU Cairns
What you can accomplish in the Role
The Reef Restoration and Adaptation Program (RRAP) is believed to be the world’s largest research and development program dedicated to helping a major ecosystem survive climate change. These positions will contribute to collaborative research orientated to understanding social and economic impacts and perceptions of reef restoration and adaptation.
What you will bring to the Role
Suitably qualified, you will enjoy playing an active role in the development of research dedicated to effective public and stakeholder engagement in ecosystem adaptation and management. You will utilise your excellent interpersonal and communication skills and strong capacity to develop effective relationships across diverse sectors as you liaise with Reef Traditional Owners, communities, businesses and government and non-government agencies to undertake research and communicate outcomes.
Consistently voted in the top 2% of universities worldwide, JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth as well as diverse career opportunities. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
We support our people through the provision of:
- generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- flexible working arrangements
- attractive options for salary packaging
- Balance of work and life so you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests.
How to apply
Visit the Careers JCU website – vacancy reference 17241, 17242 & 1743
Applications close: 9 December